Our mission is to support and enable the mission of the Jackson School by providing reliable and compliant Fiscal Management, Reporting and Business Services. We are committed to delivering ongoing communication, providing readily available information regarding University Processes and Rules, creating processing efficiencies, and improving Financial reporting.
The Business Services Office performs a wide variety of administrative functions in support of the Jackson School of Geoscience. Some of those functions include:
- Overseeing the Fiscal Management of the Jackson School of Geoscience
- Serving as a liaison between the Jackson School and The University of Texas at Austin
- Assisting departments/units with purchasing procedures
- Overseeing the process of recruitment, onboarding and retention in the Jackson School
- Ensuring faculty and staff understanding of University of Texas at Austin administrative procedures
- Monitoring compliance with the University of Texas at Austin and the Jackson School procedures
- Human Resources
The Human Resources team is here to provide assistance with Recruiting, New Hire Onboarding, International Visitors processing, Performance Evaluations, Student Assignment, Timesheets and payroll processing. We want to partner with you for organizational excellence.
New Employees Student Employees Current Employees International Faculty and Scholars (J-1 Visitors) Workday
The Accounting team provides day to day accountability for income and expenses. We work with you to process payments and we provide financial information to assist with business decisions.
Need to place an order? Send a complete purchase request form (one per vendor) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Purchases over 5K and all computer orders will be processed by Julie Lake.
Purchased 5K and under will be processed by Candy Sandefur.
- The University of Texas at Austin Handbook of Business Procedures, Purchasing Section
- Disallowed Purchases on ProCard
- ProCard Compliance Module
Request for Travel Authorizations (VE5s) are required in order for faculty, staff and students to be reimbursed for travel expenses. They also ensure faculty accountability for missed classes and academic responsibilities. RTAs/VE5s should be processed before travel begins to provide liabilities and insurance coverage.
- Request for Travel Authorization
- Request Professional Development
- Travel Expense Worksheet
- Student Medical Liability
- Contact Us
Business Services Office
Jackson School of Geosciences
University of Texas at Austin
2275 Speedway Stop C1160
Austin TX, 78712-1692
Office Phone: (512) 471-1692
Office Fax: (512) 471-0959