An internal transfer student is one who is enrolled in a school/college at the University of Texas at Austin other than the Jackson School of Geosciences and wishes to apply for admission to the Jackson School. Internal transfer students are admitted as Geological Sciences, entry-level majors but may be admitted directly to one of the Geological Sciences degree programs depending on qualifications.
Internal transfer applications to the Jackson School of Geosciences are due June 1st. Only complete applications submitted by the June 1st deadline will be reviewed for admission to the Jackson School the following fall semester. Any questions regarding this application or the internal transfer process should be directed to the JSG Student Services Offices in JGB 2.108 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information for all internal transfer applicants:
- Only currently enrolled students may apply.
- Students interested in applying to transfer to the BS, Geosystems Engineering & Hydrogeology must apply to the Cockrell School of Engineering.
- Students may apply during the semester they are completing the minimum requirements to be eligible for consideration.
- Admission to all Geological Science majors is offered as space is available to the students who are best qualified. Decisions are based on the student’s grade point average in the basic sequence courses, University grade point average, and other factors including, but not limited to, difficulty of course load, course repetitions, proven mathematical ability, and interest in the field of geological science.
Internal transfer students must meet the following minimum requirements to be eligible for consideration:
- Completion of at least twenty-four semester hours of coursework in residence at the University. Credit by exam and correspondence, extension and transfer hours may not be counted toward this requirement.
- A cumulative in-residence grade point average of at least 3.00.
- Completion of M 408C or M 408K & M 408L or 408N & 408S with a grade of C- of higher.
- Completion of or enrollment in, M 408D or M 408M at the time of application with a grade of C- of higher.
- Completion of or enrollment in, GEO 401 or GEO 303 and CH 301 at the time of application with a grade of C- of higher.
- Anticipated completion of all semester courses with a grade of C- or better.
Internal transfer application is now closed.
Prospective Internal Transfer Information Sessions
|Thursday, Nov 20, 2014||JGB 4.102||10:00 am – 11:00 am|
|Friday, Dec 12, 2014||JGB 4.102||3:00 pm – 4:00 pm|
|Wednesday, Feb 11, 2015||JGB 4.102||2:00 pm – 3:00 pm|
|Tuesday, April 21, 2015||JGB 4.102||11:00 am – 12:00 pm|
|Monday, May 11, 2015||JGB 4.102||9:00 am – 10:00 am*|
*this will be the last internal transfer info session of the academic year