Geo Jobs Board
Postings sent from Jackson School Geosciences faculty, alumni and staff.
Illinois State Geological Survey, Prairie Research Institute
Assistant Research Scientist, Coastal Geologist
Texas Water Development Board – Groundwater Division
These opportunities involve a wide range of positions, experience levels, and technical areas covering the conditions of all Texas aquifers.
Groundwater Monitoring Manager – responsible for the management of staff conducting statewide groundwater monitoring (water levels and quality).
Groundwater Modelers (4 openings) – groundwater modelers work on the development and application of models for the state’s 31 major and minor aquifers.
Groundwater Data Specialist – this person would support the improvement and usefulness of the state’s groundwater database and reporting tools.
Boston Consulting Group (BCG) — See attached for more details about events coming to campus and virtually.
-June 14 Advanced Degree Candidates (ADCs) pursuing PhDs, JDs or postdocs who are interested in full-time career opportunities in 2020. Registration required. Application deadline for start dates in 2020 is coming up on July 16, 2019. More information on the application process can be found here.
*Several, open faculty positions in “Earth Sciences” at ProfessorPositions
*Apache is hosting its first Super Saturday on July 20 at its headquarters in Houston. It is an opportunity to meet Apache team members, to learn how Apache contributes to global progress and to gain perspective on a possible career in energy. Students interested can learn more and apply online at apachesupersaturday.com. The application deadline is June 16. Limited spots are available.
What does Super Saturday 2019 entail?
- Visit Apache’s headquarters
- Hear insights from the executive team and team members of all levels
- Experience individual meet-and-greets with Apache staff specific to discipline
- Eat – breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Enjoy a night out at Minute Maid Park to watch the Houston Astros
- Meet students from other schools
- See Houston, a culturally diverse city full of opportunities
*Edwards Aquifer Authority
– opening for a Data Management Director
-Job Summary–Leads the EAA Environmental Data Collection and Data Management Program to ensure best practices for data quality, data security, and data access for EAA staff and the public through databases and web-based applications.
– opening for a Geologist
– B.S. Degree in Geology
– 0-2 years experience
– G.I.T. is preferred
About: InControl Technologies is small, family owned, environmental and engineering consultation firm that has been around for over 22 years. We are based out of Houston, Tx, which is where most of our work is but we do travel all around the state. We specialize in everything from Phase I environmental site assessments to engineering and site remediation. Our work encompasses everything from site assessment, UST removal, soil testing, groundwater remediation, groundwater monitoring, bio remediation/injections. We have a large bulk of privatized work as well as contracts with TCEQ, Railroad Commission, TXDOT, Harris County and other municipalities.
- Simply Hired (numerous GEO-related jobs & internships)
- AGI Earth Magazine Career Opportunities
- AAPG Careers & Jobs
- SEG Careers & Jobs
- GSA Career Center Jobs
- Association for Woman Geoscientists
- AGU Career Center Job Board
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Professor Positions
- HireUTexas Job Board for all UT students & alumni
- Career Connections Job Board for JSG students & alumni