Geo Jobs Board
Postings sent from Jackson School Geosciences faculty, alumni and staff.
GIP participants work on short-term (3 to 12-month) projects, where they may assist with research, synthesis of scientific literature, geologic mapping, GIS analysis, site evaluations, resource inventorying and monitoring, impact mitigation, developing brochures and informative media presentations, and educating park staff and park visitors.
Current openings in Texas (& New Mexico) that are most in need of applicants:
|GIS Assistant||Big Bend National Park||Texas, Big Bend National Park|
|Night Skies Assistant||El Malpais National Monument||New Mexico, Grants|
|Astronomy Assistant||El Morro National Monument||New Mexico, Ramah|
|Cave and Karst Assistant||Carlsbad Caverns National Park||New Mexico, Carlsbad|
Additional opportunities in New Mexico that are still accepting applications:
|Paleontology Assistant||Carlsbad Caverns National Park||New Mexico, Carlsbad|
|Cave and Karst Assistant||El Malpais National Monument||New Mexico, Grants|
*Boston Consulting Group (BCG) — See attached for more details about events coming to campus and virtually.
-June 14 Advanced Degree Candidates (ADCs) pursuing PhDs, JDs or postdocs who are interested in full-time career opportunities in 2020. Registration required. Application deadline for start dates in 2020 is coming up on July 16, 2019. More information on the application process can be found here.
*The City of Austin | The Planning and Zoning Department
– Job openings for a Planner II, III, or Senior to work as part of a team to create Small Area Plans (corridor, centers, neighborhood, etc.). Duties, functions, and responsibilities include: Conduct background research and analysis; develop outreach strategies and techniques; develop meeting design and materials; conduct small group facilitation; synthesize public input; develop plan content: text, illustrations, photographs, charts, and graphs; give public presentations; present to boards and commissions; engage in other planning activities as needed to support implementation of Imagine Austin Comprehensive Plan and related Small Area Plans.
*Several, open faculty positions in “Earth Sciences” at ProfessorPositions
*Apache is hosting its first Super Saturday on July 20 at its headquarters in Houston. It is an opportunity to meet Apache team members, to learn how Apache contributes to global progress and to gain perspective on a possible career in energy. Students interested can learn more and apply online at apachesupersaturday.com. The application deadline is June 16. Limited spots are available.
What does Super Saturday 2019 entail?
- Visit Apache’s headquarters
- Hear insights from the executive team and team members of all levels
- Experience individual meet-and-greets with Apache staff specific to discipline
- Eat – breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Enjoy a night out at Minute Maid Park to watch the Houston Astros
- Meet students from other schools
- See Houston, a culturally diverse city full of opportunities
*Edwards Aquifer Authority
– opening for a Data Management Director
-Job Summary–Leads the EAA Environmental Data Collection and Data Management Program to ensure best practices for data quality, data security, and data access for EAA staff and the public through databases and web-based applications.
– opening for a Geologist
– B.S. Degree in Geology
– 0-2 years experience
– G.I.T. is preferred
About: InControl Technologies is small, family owned, environmental and engineering consultation firm that has been around for over 22 years. We are based out of Houston, Tx, which is where most of our work is but we do travel all around the state. We specialize in everything from Phase I environmental site assessments to engineering and site remediation. Our work encompasses everything from site assessment, UST removal, soil testing, groundwater remediation, groundwater monitoring, bio remediation/injections. We have a large bulk of privatized work as well as contracts with TCEQ, Railroad Commission, TXDOT, Harris County and other municipalities.
U.S. Geological Survey (job# 2686)
Hydrology Student Trainee
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
Post-Masters Research Associate in Bio-Geochemistry
Texas Water Development Board (2 positions)
- Simply Hired (numerous GEO-related jobs & internships)
- AGI Earth Magazine Career Opportunities
- AAPG Careers & Jobs
- SEG Careers & Jobs
- GSA Career Center Jobs
- Association for Woman Geoscientists
- AGU Career Center Job Board
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Professor Positions
- HireUTexas Job Board for all UT students & alumni
- Career Connections Job Board for JSG students & alumni