From Ice Sheets to the Coast: Sea-Level Rise Impacts
April 10-12, 2024
University of Houston, Houston, Texas, USA
- Understand the timescales and rates of sea level change at the populated coastline to:
- Allow those interested in relative sea-level rise impacting Upper Texas coastal systems (coastal scientists, infrastructure managers, information distributors, and more) to hear from those studying the ice sheets and their impact on sea level.
- Allow polar scientists to learn how sea-level projection information is used by coastal residents and managers; learn what decision makers want to know about projections.
- Welcome a diverse audience to engage with polar and coastal scientists.
- Build interdisciplinary collaborations.
- Create opportunities for early career researchers (students and postdocs) to develop networks and discuss career paths.
April 10-12, 2024
Day 0 (April 9th): Early Career Workshop
Day 1 (April 10th): Talks and Panels; Evening Event for Public
Day 2 (April 11th): Talks and Panels
Day 3 (April 12th): Field Trip to Coast
BONUS: April 8th: Total Solar Eclipse visible in Texas
Glacial scientists, sea-level experts, coastal scientists, coastal protection specialists, policy and resiliency experts.
University of Houston
Houston, Texas, USA
Jackson School of Geosciences, UT-Austin, University of Houston Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences, University of Michigan Rackham Graduate School, U.S. National Science Foundation, U.K. Natural Environment Research Council, International Thwaites Glacier Collaboration
If you are interested in participating, please follow the link below to a Qualtrics Survey and fill in the attendance application. The deadline for completing the application is December 20, 2023. Decisions regarding attendance will be communicated to all by mid-January, 2024. Workshop attendance will be limited by facilities available at the host institution.
Check back at this website for more information to come including a detailed agenda. Questions? Email David Mohrig at email@example.com.