Are you a grad student or undergrad that wants to contribute to Science Y’all!?
We are always looking for short blog posts (200-600 words) about your research, lab experiences, field experiences, and student life in general.
Need a writing prompt? Here are some ideas that would make great blog posts:
- What do JSG geoscientists do over winter or spring break?
- Writing grant proposals? Let us know about your experience!
- Did you receive funding from a student grant proposal? What’s your advice?
- Preparing for your qualifying exam? How’s it going?
- Have you already passed your qualifying exam? What did you wish you had known while preparing for quals?
- What’s it like being a grad student in Austin, TX?
- What are your favorite geo sites in Austin?
- Have an interesting visitor coming to the department? Interview them and write a blog post!
- Have a unique perspective on a current issue as a student geoscientist?
- What interesting tools/machines do you use for your research?
How to Submit:
Fill out this word template and email it along with one or more photos to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before you Submit:
Feel free to email us at email@example.com if you:
- have questions or feedback about this blog,
- have ideas for blog posts or solicitations,
- want to be involved in the editorial process, social media outreach, etc.