Are you a grad student or undergrad that wants to contribute to Science, Y’all!?
Check out https://linktr.ee/scienceyall for opportunities to be featured on Science, Y’all! social media or to be featured in our “Science Gone Wrong” stories post.
We are always looking for short blog posts (200-600 words) about your research, lab experiences, field experiences, and student life in general.
Need a writing prompt? Here are some ideas that would make great blog posts:
- What do JSG geoscientists do over winter or spring break?
- Writing grant proposals? Let us know about your experience!
- Did you receive funding from a student grant proposal? What’s your advice?
- Preparing for your qualifying exam? How’s it going?
- Have you already passed your qualifying exam? What did you wish you had known while preparing for quals?
- What’s it like being a grad student in Austin, TX?
- What are your favorite geo sites in Austin?
- Have an interesting visitor coming to the department? Interview them and write a blog post!
- Have a unique perspective on a current issue as a student geoscientist?
- What interesting tools/machines do you use for your research?
Blog – How to Submit:
Fill out this word template and email it along with one or more photos to email@example.com.
Blog – Before you Submit:
Feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you:
- have questions or feedback about this blog,
- have ideas for blog posts or solicitations,
- want to be involved in the editorial process, social media outreach, etc.