Arrival Time: The Fourwaves Online Platform will open on December 1st, 2020. The schedule, abstracts, figures, etc. will be visible on the platform on January 16th, 2021. The platform will be live at 8:45 a.m. on March 6, 2021. The day of the symposium presenters are expected to be in their “virtual rooms” at their designated time. Click here to see the full schedule.
Presentation Time: The morning poster session will be held from 9:15 a.m.-12:00 p.m., and the afternoon session from 12:45 p.m.-3:30 p.m.. Students are expected to be in their assigned online room for the majority of their scheduled session to be available to judges, but may go in-and-out of other rooms to “see” other posters.
2021 Online Poster Guidelines and Suggestions:
For questions please contact email@example.com.
The day of the symposium you will be sharing your screen in your “Virtual room”. The poster can be as small or big as you want, but you should be able to describe your poster within ~10 min. The virtual rooms can have up to 8 participants so be aware that people might be “waiting” to see your poster.
Make sure you can easily magnify your poster and that your figures are high-quality so that you can talk through your poster as people go in-and-out of your assigned online room.
- Presentation should cover the material cited in the abstract
- Poster must have title and author names
- Organize the information in a clear, orderly, and self-explanatory way
Previous Years’ In-Person Presentation Guidelines:
Size: Maximum width: 6 feet and Minimum Height: 3 feet (these measurements will ensure that your poster will fit on the stands)
- If printing at JGB: At least one dimension of your poster (usually height) needs to be equal or less than 42 inches. Give yourself a half inch of white space on all sides to the edge of the paper.
– Presentation should cover the material cited in the abstract
– Poster must have title and author names
– Prepare figures to be size sufficient for viewing at ~2 meters distance
– Paragraph and caption text should be no smaller than 24-point font, header text ~36-point font
– Organize the information in a clear, orderly, and self-explanatory way