Faculty/research scientists/post docs are welcome to judge the symposium. Please volunteer to judge by emailing the Symposium gmail address and direct any questions to that address or to Eirini Poulaki. This day would not be possible without the help from dedicated faculty/research scientists and our wonderful guest judges. Thank you to all who are able to volunteer for this.
The categories for awards are:
- Undergraduate Best Poster Award, 1st and 2nd place, with up to 3 Honorable Mentions
- Early-Career Graduate Best Poster Award, 1st and 2nd place (must be first year Master’s or pre-candidacy for PhD), with up to 3 Honorable Mentions
- Late-Career Masters Best Poster Award, 1st and 2nd place, with up to 3 Honorable Mentions
- Late-Career PhD Award, 1st and 2nd place, with up to 3 Honorable Mentions
- Best-Represented Research Group (all students of an adviser presenting; possibility for multiple awards)
- Best Figure Award, 1st and 2nd place (both scientific and artistic creativity encouraged, new for 2021)
*Judging criteria will be edited based on feedback from previous years*
- Judging assignments will be randomized (not organized by theme)
- Judges will only judge posters from one award category (i.e. Late Career PhD)
- Judging assignments and abstracts will be sent out one-week ahead of the Symposium in order for judges to read the abstracts and let the Symposium organizing committee know of any conflicts of interest
- We expect to have Alumni judges in addition to our JSG research and faculty. Our goal is to have each judge assigned to 5 posters. This means we will need ~30 JSG volunteers.