Faculty, research scientists, and postdoctoral scholars, as well as alumni and industry professionals are encouraged to judge the symposium. You can also contact the symposium chairs, Nicole Czwakiel or Mikayla Pascual, with any questions. The symposium would not be possible without the help from dedicated faculty, research scientists and our wonderful guest judges. Thank you to all who are able to volunteer for this.
In 2023, the award categories were:
- Undergraduate Best Poster Award, 1st and 2nd place, with up to 3 Honorable Mentions
- Early-Career Graduate Best Poster Award, 1st and 2nd place (must be first year Master’s or pre-candidacy for PhD), with up to 3 Honorable Mentions
- Late-Career Masters Best Poster Award, 1st and 2nd place, with up to 3 Honorable Mentions
- Late-Career PhD Award, 1st and 2nd place, with up to 3 Honorable Mentions
- Best-Represented Research Group (all students of an adviser presenting; possibility for multiple awards)
- Best Figure Award, 1st and 2nd place (both scientific and artistic creativity encouraged)
*Judging criteria will be edited based on feedback from previous years*
- Our goal is to have each judge assigned to 5 posters. This means we will need ~50 volunteers.
- Judges will only judge posters from one award category (i.e. Late Career PhD)
- Judging assignments and abstracts will be sent out one-week ahead of the Symposium in order for judges to read the abstracts and let the Symposium organizing committee know of any conflicts of interest
- We expect to have Alumni judges in addition to our JSG research and faculty.