How to Apply for EER
Due to the COVID pandemic, applicants for Fall 2021 will not be required to take or submit scores for the Graduate Record Examination (GRE). This requirement has been waived for Fall 2021. The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score report demonstrating an adequate knowledge of English is still required for international applicants at this time.
Important Note for Fall 2021 Applicants: The Application Deadline is January 1.
This is a paperless process. Do not mail your application materials.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to contact the EER office before applying to discuss research opportunities and program content.
For an application to be complete, all materials must be submitted by the deadline of January 1.
Applications (Apply Texas) and the following materials can be uploaded – please see the instructions for uploading transcripts to: http://www.utexas.edu/ogs/admissions/howtous.html
- Application form, including processing fee
- One official transcript of all upper division and undergraduate university work
- years, for applicants whose native language is not English (unless you have attended an English speaking university for at least four years)
- Three letters of recommendation (academic/professional)
- A statement of purpose, explaining your interest in graduate education at UT Austin
- Curriculum Vitae detailing your work experience
Questions about the application process can be referred to Jessica Smith:
Jessica Smith, Graduate Coordinator
University of Texas at Austin, Energy & Earth Resources
2275 Speedway, C9000
Austin, Texas 78712-0254