The Writer-in-Residence is available to work with all JSG students and students participating in JSG classes or research groups. Make an appointment by filling out this form or stop in at JGB 2.104B (in the Holland Student Center).
One-on-one Consultations with Students
- Masters thesis
- Class writing assignments
- Lab reports
- Research proposals
- Draft publications
- Reports and other technical communications
- New media communications (web, social, digital)
- Scholarly and professional identity on the web
Writing and conversation group formation and facilitation
- Thesis, dissertation or proposal writing groups
- English as a second language conversation, communication peer support
Topical workshops or presentations for student organizations
- Critique, review, revision practices
- Writing and communication tools and software (e.g. Zotero, EndNote, Tableau)
- Technical and scientific writing style, skills, process, argumentation, form
- Development of scholarly and professional identity on the web
Referrals: Other Resources and Services for Writers at UT
- University Writing Center – The UWC has beautiful new space in the PCL Learning Commons, and its team of over 70 writing consultants are available to undergraduates and graduates by appointment or on a drop-in basis. They also have a great series of workshops for scholars and a “Hire-an-Editor” database.
- Sanger Learning Center – The SLC offers writing consultations for graduate students (fee-based), and also maintains a variety of digital resources and templates useful to writers of theses and dissertations.