How to Apply for EER
Important Note: This is a paperless process. Do not mail your application materials.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to contact the EER office before applying to discuss research opportunities and program content.
For an application to be complete, all materials must be submitted by the deadline.
Application Deadline for priority consideration for financial aid is December 1.
Applications (Apply Texas) and the following materials can be uploaded – please see the instructions for uploading transcripts to: http://www.utexas.edu/ogs/admissions/howtous.html
- Application form, including processing fee
- One official transcript of all upper division and undergraduate university work
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) general test scores taken within the last five years
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or (IELTS) taken within the last two years, for applicants whose native language is not English (unless you have attended an English speaking university for at least four years).
- Copy of transcript(s) of all upper division and undergraduate university work
- Three letters of recommendation (academic/professional)
- A statement of purpose, explaining your interest in graduate education at UT Austin.
- Curriculum Vitae detailing your work experience
Questions about the application process can be referred to Jessica Smith:
Jessica Smith, Graduate Coordinator
University of Texas at Austin, Energy & Earth Resources
2275 Speedway, C9000
Austin, Texas 78712-0254