UT Austin (JSG)
Undergraduate Research Traineeship Experience (RTX)
The RTX is a paid opportunity for STEM undergraduates and recent graduates to gain technical skills, get involved in geoscience research and develop your own educational and professional goals. You would:
- Spend eight weeks as part of a cohort of students learning together and supporting one another.
- Participate in a series of training modules on data analytics, computational techniques, digital tools, and programming languages used in the geosciences.
- Engage in weekly workshops on research skills and personal and professional development, with topics like reading scientific literature, coping with stress, and how to apply to graduate school.
- Trainees are selected as a “Researcher” or a “Learner.”
- “Researchers” are paired with mentors and guided through an independent research project that focuses on applying the skills learned.
- “Learners” gain research exposure by attending Jackson School research group meetings through “Research Rotations.”
- See examples of past projects and training modules here
Opportunities Outside of UT Austin
This spreadsheet catalogues interesting research programs for undergraduates. Please review closely and follow the links to program websites for further information. If you have additional questions, please contact us at email@example.com