The Jackson School of Geosciences is proud to announce
The NeoGeo Trip 2016 on August 22nd & 23rd
Registration Deadline: July 8, 2016
Congratulations and welcome to The University of Texas at Austin, Jackson School of Geosciences! We are excited that you’ve chosen to join us for The NeoGeo Trip (TNT) on August 22-23, 2016.
Before starting your first semester at The University of Texas, the Jackson School of Geosciences invites all of our incoming freshmen to join us on a 2-day tour of the Texas hill country including Pedernales Falls, Enchanted Rock, and Inks Lake. Attendees will enjoy seeing Texas through a geologist’s eyes as well as hiking, playing games and an overnight stay at the Thunderbird Lodge on Lake Buchanan before returning to Austin for UT’s Gone to Texas 2016 celebration.
Using the checklist below, complete and return the trip registration forms and requested information to officially reserve your seat for TNT 2015. This trip is a great way to get to meet your fellow members of the class of 2019 as well as members of the geosciences community including JSG faculty, staff and grad students. Submit your registration paperwork before the July deadline to reserve your seat for TNT 2016.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
TNT Registration Checklist
- TNT Registration Packet – Student Travel Authorization, Medical Information, Liability Release, and Field Trip/Field Course Policy Statement
- Copy of attendee’s current medical insurance card (please make sure copy is legible)
- Copy of attendee’s drivers license or official ID (please make sure copy is legible)
- Deposit Check for $75.00
Checks only, no cash or money orders accepted
Make check payable to: The University of Texas at Austin
Deposit will be refunded at check-in on 8/22/16
The University of Texas at Austin
Jackson School of Geosciences
Attn: TNT 2016 Registration, JGB 2.102
2305 Speedway, Stop C1160
Austin, TX 78712-1692
Subject to change. All times are approximate.
Monday, August 22nd
- Check-in on UT Austin main campus (typically 7:30/8:00am)
- Breakfast, games, & roll out
- Hike & enjoy lunch at Enchanted Rock State Park
- Visit Inks Lake State Park & hike to Devil’s Waterhole
- BBQ Dinner & overnight stay at Thunderbird Resort, Lake Buchanan
Tuesday, August 23rd
- Breakfast & Team Competitions
- Lunch and Geology lesson at Pedernales Falls
- Return to UT Austin for Gone to Texas 2016.
Enjoy dinner and entertainment with JSG before meeting 100’s of other new Longhorns for a University-wide celebration at the Tower
Questions about TNT?
Call 512-232-4544 or email: JSG_Info@jsg.utexas.edu