LEO “Listening to Each Other” Seminar Series
The purpose of LEO is to create a more inclusive and educated community within the JSG by listening to and sharing each other’s stories, motivations, and passion behind Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. Each session, two speakers will be paired up as they take turns listening and asking questions to the other in effort to understand their history and upbringing, experiences regarding DEI, path to the JSG, and heart behind their work.
By learning more about who individuals are and why they are involved in DEI, we will broaden our understanding of the impacts the JSG is making on students, faculty, staff, and greater society. Taking initiative to get to know each other, ask questions, and Listen to Each Other is a skill that will propel us further to be leaders in the geosciences.
Schedule of Speakers for the 2020-2021 School Year
- October 7th – Scott Tinker and Varun Rai
- October 21st – Leah Turner and Dev Niyogi
- November 4th – Daniel Stockli and Joel Johnson
- December 2nd – Kathy Ellins and Mary Poteet
- February 3rd – Elizabeth Catlos and Ginny Catania
- March 3rd – Krista Soderlund and Maria Nikolinakou
- April 7th – Didey Montoya and Alison Mote
- May 5th – Estephania Salgado-Jauregui and Kiara Gomez
LEO sessions will take place virtually on Wednesdays at 1:00pm – 2:00pm (CST). All recordings for LEO sessions can be found at the following link: LEO Seminar Series Recordings
If you are a member of a student organization and would like to host a LEO session on behalf of your org, please reach out to Cara Collins at firstname.lastname@example.org.