Getting started is easy. Here are the steps to take to get involved:
- Browse current research opportunities to identify a research opportunity that interests you.
- Alternatively, browse the Jackson School website to discover opportunities that align with your interests:
- Reach out to a faculty member or researcher via email to request a meeting. Tips to writing introductory emails to professors can be found here and here.
- Attend an information session to learn more about research on campus.
- Talk to your academic advisor or professors about different ways to get engaged in research, including writing a thesis as part of the Honors Program or Jackson Scholars. There are also summer programs like the NSF Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) Sites program.
When contacting professors or research scientists about opportunities…