Undergraduate Student Support Request for Professional Development
Description: This is to request financial support for travel and registration to attend a meeting or workshop to present your undergraduate research or learn a skill that advances your research. This is not a request to support travel to conduct research in the field or at a laboratory. Your request should minimize costs by choosing economical options.
Eligibility: Current DGS students in good standing conducting research with a Jackson School researcher.
Deadlines: Oct 1, Dec 1, Mar 1, May 1 (recurring).
Application: Send a pdf with the following information to email@example.com. You will be notified about the status of your application via e-mail.
- Name and UT EID
- Your major.
- Research mentor/supervisor’s name and email.
- Description of professional development activity (name of event, website of event, location, time).
- Briefly describe your research project and how the professional development activity will support your undergraduate research.
- Report the total requested support and provide an itemized budget for your travel with a justification for each expense. Include the following categories:
- Travel (airfare, bus, taxi, rental vehicle, department vehicle, gas, parking, tolls)
- Lodging (number of days and location)
- Food (source of food, number of days and cost per day)