Undergraduate Student Support Request for Off Campus Research
Description: This request covers financial support for travel to conduct undergraduate research. This is not a request to support travel to a meeting to present results, to purchase field supplies or equipment, or to join another research project as a field assistant. Your request should minimize costs by choosing the most economical options.
Eligibility: Current DGS students in good standing conducting research with a Jackson School researcher.
Deadlines: Oct 1, Mar 1 (recurring).
Application: Send a pdf with the following information to email@example.com. You will be notified about the status of your application via email.
- Name/UT EID
- Your major.
- Research mentor/supervisor’s name and email.
- Provide a description of your research project and justify the need for the proposed off-campus research activity. Describe the off-campus research activity in sufficient detail to identify how the activity will benefit your undergraduate research.
- Provide a detailed description of your proposed travel including start and end dates, total number of days in the field, location of research and location of lodging.
- Provide an itemized budget for your travel and justify each expense. Include the following categories:
- Travel (airfare, bus, taxi, rental vehicle, department vehicle, gas, parking, tolls)
- Lodging (number of days and location)
- Food (source of food, number of days and cost per day)
- Total requested support.