The Texas Geosciences Career Services mission is to:
- Empower students and alumni with the resources they need to begin and develop their geoscience career
- Build relationships with employers by providing opportunities through program support and involvement
- Support the Jackson School’s vision of achieving international preeminence by providing the highest level of service
We offer career counseling, assistance with resume and cover letter writing, job search strategies, interviewing skills, job offer tips and graduate school planning.
- Make an appointment or drop-in on Thursdays, 1:00-4:00 p.m.
- Career Connections is an online resource that manages student resumes, job postings, and scheduling for interviews and information sessions.
- Fall semester on-campus recruiting and career fair; Spring semester Employer Spotlight Days and Energy & Environmental Virtual Career Fair
Policy for Alumni
Our alumni are welcome to use any of our career services free of charge for an unlimited time except for on-campus interviews. On-campus interviews are reserved for current students only and alumni may only apply to positions on Career Connections that are aligned with the degree received at the Jackson School of Geosciences. For example, alumni who are pursuing a higher degree (than the one they earned at the JSG) at another institution are not eligible to compete with current students for interviews or job opportunities that are available on-campus.
Mailing and Shipping Address (UPS, FEDEX, etc.)
The University of Texas at Austin
Department of Geological Sciences
2275 Speedway, C1160
Austin, TX 78712 – 1722
Location, Directions and Parking
Career Services offices at the Jackson School of Geosciences are located in the Jackson Geosciences Building (JGB) on the main campus of The University of Texas at Austin. Search for JGB on this interactive map.
Closest parking is in the San Jacinto Garage (search for SJG on the interactive map). From southwest corner of San Jacinto Garage (SJG), turn left and walk south a block to 23rd Street. Turn right, cross San Jacinto, and walk west on 23rd Street, around the circular drive, past the Winship Theater (WIN) on your right, and up the steps. The Jackson Geosciences Building (JGB) is the next building on the right. Career Services offices are inside the Holland Family Student Center on the main floor.