Meet the Staff
C. Maurine Riess, M.S. Geology, Career Services Director
512.232.7673, JGB 2.112 B, firstname.lastname@example.org
- On-campus recruiting and event scheduling; Developing employer relationships
- Geosciences career counseling with experience in the oil and gas industry, environmental consulting, and higher education teaching
Jennifer L. Jordan, M.A., Career Services Program Coordinator
512.232.0893, JGB 2.112 C, email@example.com
- Undergraduate & graduate career counseling
- Coordinating programs and workshops
Career Center Resources
We offer areer counseling, assistance with resume and cover letter writing, interviewing skills, job offer tips and graduate school planning.
- Make an appointment or drop-in on Thursdays, 1:00-4:00 p.m.
- GeoSource is an online resource that manages student resumes, job postings, and scheduling for interviews and information sessions.
- Fall semester on-campus recruiting and career fair; Spring semester Employer Spotlight Days and Energy & Environmental Virtual Career Fair
- Practice answering interview questions using InterviewStream
- On-campus information sessions, guest speakers, webinars, and workshops
Career Services Policy for Alumni
Our alumni are welcome to use any of our career services free of charge for an unlimited time except for on-campus interviews. On-campus interviews are reserved for current students only and alumni may only apply to positions on GeoSource that are aligned with the degree received at the Jackson School of Geosciences. For example, alumni who are pursuing a higher degree (than the one they earned at the JSG) at another institution are not eligible to compete with current students for interviews or job opportunities that are available on-campus.
Mailing and Shipping Address (UPS, FEDEX, etc.)
The University of Texas at Austin
Department of Geological Sciences
2275 Speedway, C1160
Austin, TX 78712 – 1722
Directions & Maps
The Career Center at the Jackson School of Geosciences is located in the Jackson Geosciences Building on the main campus of The University of Texas at Austin. The building is located in this section of the university’s online campus map, East Mall Area.
From southwest corner of San Jacinto Garage (SJG), turn left and walk south a block to 23rd Street. Turn right, cross San Jacinto, and walk west on 23rd Street, around the circular drive, past the Winship Theater (WIN) on your right, and up the steps. The Jackson Geosciences Building (JGB) is the next building on the right. The Martineau Career Services Suite is inside the main doors on the left.
You may park in any of the campus garages, space provided. The San Jacinto Garage (SJG) is closest to our building. The SJG is located in this section of the campus online map.