Files posted here in pdf format are intended for private, scientific or education use of single copies only and may not be redistributed or used commercially. Each publisher holds the respective copyright.
symbols denote: +postdoc, *graduate student, or #undergraduate student
- BC Smith*, KB Moffett, and D Mohrig. The effects of vegetation on island geomorphology in the Wax Lake Delta, Louisiana, Geomorphology.
- KB Moffett, J Law#, SM Gorelick, N Nur, and JK Wood. Using shape-based analysis of salt marsh vegetation patterns to predict Alameda Song Sparrow density, San Francisco Estuary and Watershed Science. [accepted]
- H Zhang+, KB Moffett, L Windham-Meyers, SM Gorelick (2014) Hydrological controls on methylmercury distribution and flux in a tidal marsh, Environmental Science & Technology. doi:10.1021/es071309m. [link] [pdf paper]
- KB Moffett+ and SM Gorelick (2013) Distinguishing wetland vegetation and channel features with object-based image segmentation, International Journal of Remote Sensing. doi:10.1080/01431161.2012.718463. [link] [pdf paper]
- KB Moffett*, SM Gorelick, RG McLaren, and EA Sudicky (2012) Salt marsh ecohydrological zonation due to heterogeneous vegetation – groundwater – surface water interactions, Water Resources Research, 48, W02516. doi:10.1029/2011WR010874. [link] [pdf paper]
- KB Moffett* and SM Gorelick (2012) A method to calculate heterogeneous evapotranspiration using sub-meter thermal infrared imagery coupled to a stomatal resistance submodel, Water Resources Research, 48, W01545. [link] [pdf paper]
- KB Moffett*, DA Robinson, and SM Gorelick (2010) Relationship of salt marsh vegetation zonation to spatial patterns in soil moisture, salinity and topography, Ecosystems, 13: 1287-1302. doi:10.1007/s10021-010-9385-7. [link] [pdf paper] [pdf supplement]
- KB Moffett*, A Wolf*, JA Berry, and SM Gorelick (2010) Salt marsh – atmosphere exchange of energy, water vapor, and carbon dioxide: effects of tidal flooding and biophysical controls, Water Resources Research, 46, W10525. doi:10.1029/2009WR009041. [link] [pdf paper] [pdf supplement]
- Y-M Cho*, D Werner, KB Moffett*, and RG Luthy (2010) Assessment of advective porewater movement affecting mass transfer of hydrophobic organic contaminants in marine sediment, Environmental Science & Technology, 44(15): 5842-5848. doi:10.1021/es903583y. [link] [pdf paper] [pdf supplement]
- KB Moffett*, SW Tyler, T Torgersen, M Menon+, and SM Gorelick (2008) Processes controlling the thermal regime of saltmarsh channel beds, Environmental Science & Technology, 42(3): 671-676. doi:10.1021/es071309m. [link] [pdf paper] [pdf supplement]
- Eliashar, R, I Eliachar, T Gramlich, W Davros, K Moffett, M Strome (2001) Dynamic tissue expansion of the larynx in a canine model. Archives of Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery, 127(3): 309-315.
- Eliashar, R, W Davros, T Gramlich, K Moffett, I Eliachar, R Esclamado, M Strome (2000) Evaluating laryngotracheal stenosis in a canine model with virtual bronchoscopy. The Annals of Otology, Rhinology & Laryngology, 109(10 Pt 1): 906-912.
- K Moffett, A Atamian, C How, L Wordsman, and K Kane (2003) Evaluating management scenarios in the Croton Watershed, 23rd Annual ESRI International User Conference, San Diego, CA. Oral presentation and paper. [link] [pdf paper]
Books, Chapters, Book figures
- KB Moffett (2013) Figure 10.16. “Salt marsh ecohydrological zonation due to heterogeneous vegetation-groundwater-surface water interactions.” in Blöschl, G., M. Sivapalan, T. Wagener, A. Viglione, and H. Savenije (Eds.) Runoff Prediction in Ungauged Basins: Synthesis across Processes, Places and Scales, Cambridge University Press, 484 pages. [citation: Moffett et al., 2012, WRR, W02516 -- see above.]
- K Moffett*, contributor (2009) Geologic Field Guide to Iceland, Stanford Alpine Project. [link] [pdf]
- K Moffett*, J Fosdick*, G Hughes*, B Mirus*, and S Carter* (Eds.) (2005) Field Guide to Guatemalan Geology, Stanford Alpine Project. [link] [pdf]
Outreach and Education materials
- A Stafford* (2009) Set of four nature interpretive panels. Panels were designed in cooperation with the staff of the Don Edwards San Francisco Bay National Wildlife Refuge Alviso Environmental Educational Center (EEC). The panels are permanently installed along the Marsh View Trail next to the EEC. [pdf]
- A Stafford* (2009) Sedimentation in Our Bay. San Francisco Baylands fact sheet. Self-published for local Nature and Educational Centers. [English pdf] [Spanish pdf]
- A Stafford* (2009) Birds and Fish in Our Salt Marsh. San Francisco Baylands fact sheet. Self-published for local Nature and Educational Centers. [English pdf] [Spanish pdf]
Theses and Dissertations
- MT O’Connor* (2014) Groundwater dynamics and surface water-groundwater interactions in a prograding delta island, Louisiana, USA, M.S. Thesis, Department of Geological Sciences, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas. [link][pdf ]
- BC Smith* (2014) The effects of vegetation on island geomorphology in the Wax Lake Delta, Louisiana, M.S. Thesis, Department of Geological Sciences, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas. [link][pdf ]
- A Eljuri# (2014) Role of rain gardens and vegetated retention ponds in redirecting stormwater runoff into evaporation or recharge in downtown Austin, Texas, B.S.-Hnors Thesis, Department of Geological Sciences, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas. [link][pdf ]