The Moffett research group is now at Washington State University Vancouver, in southwest Washington state, just north of the Portland, Oregon metro area.
Our interdisciplinary research draws group members from a variety of backgrounds including Hydrology and Hydrogeology, Environmental Science, Geology and other Earth Sciences, Civil and Environmental Engineering, Biology, and Geography. A strong quantitative science background is expected. We conduct high-impact research drawing from diverse disciplines, scales, scopes, and methods.
Postdoctoral, PhD, MS, and undergraduate researchers are invited to propose original research projects to work on with Dr. Moffett or to apply for existing opportunities in the group (see below).
- Postdoctoral researchers with outside funding, or interested in writing an application for outside funding with Dr. Moffett as supervisor, are encouraged to contact Dr. Moffett at any time with a specific statement about the proposed research topic and the potential source of funding.
- Graduate students: Applicants for PhD or MS study beginning next fall are encouraged to apply by early January to the Washington State University Vancouver program in Environmental Science or Geology.
- for MS Environmental Science: http://cas.vancouver.wsu.edu/environmental-science/ms-environmental-science
- for PhD Environmental Science: http://environment.wsu.edu/GraduateStudies/doctoral/esrp.html
- for Phd Geology: http://environment.wsu.edu/GraduateStudies/doctoral/geology.html
- see also application instructions linked from: http://environment.wsu.edu/GraduateStudies/admission.html
- Dr. Moffett is also available to co-advise graduate students at The University of Texas at Austin in Geological Sciences. Applications must be made through the UT graduate program, with a primary co-mentor in that program.
- Students at other institutions interested in collaboration, or seeking an outside committee member, are encouraged to contact Dr. Moffett at any time.
- Undergraduate students enrolled at Washington State University Vancouver and seeking research experience are strongly encouraged to contact Dr. Moffett about possible ways to participate. Opportunities may be available for pay or course credit at Washington State University Vancouver.
- Undergraduate students enrolled at other institutions may inquire with Gretchen Rollwagen-Bollens (email@example.com) about the WSUV summer REU (Research Experience for Undergraduates) program.
- There are no specific positions open in the research group at this time.
Washington State University and the University of Texas at Austin are Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employers; minorities and women are encouraged to apply.