Acting upon recommendations from the membership, an executive committee was created to provide advice and consultation to the dean of the Jackson School of Geosciences. The committee recommends policy, goals and objectives, membership, and coordinates decision making for the forum.
- Clarifying the purpose of the forum and aligning it with the needs of the membership
- Representing the interests of the membership
- Establishing the definition of membership in the forum
- Sharpening the focus of future meetings
- Revising the format of the meetings to foster more participation and effective use of the time
- Determining the location and venue of future meetings and establishing local organizing committees to assist with logistics