Announcing The GeoFORCE Graduate Scholars Partnership
The GeoFORCE Graduate Scholars Partnership is a scholarship program for GeoFORCE graduates who are seeking STEM degrees in Texas public schools. This is a 4-year scholarship, designed to cover expenses not already covered by federal grants or other scholarships. The scholarship is need based; Award amounts may be as high as all tuition, room and board, and expenses. Students must fill out the FAFSA annually.
- Eligible Colleges: UT Austin, UT San Antonio, Texas A&M, U Houston, U Houston Victoria, Texas Tech, Houston Community College, Southwest Texas Junior College
- Eligible Majors: Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Engineering, Geology, Math, Physics, Environmental Sciences
In addition, applicant must:
- Be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Have a 3.0 High School GPA
- Minimum 1000 SAT score (math + critical reading)
- Show leadership potential
- Complete the application
- Live on campus their Freshman year
- Agree to meet the scholarship reporting and participation requirements
- Can work no more than 10 hours during the school year
Application for the class of 2016 will open in December 2015.
To apply you must complete the online application and submit copies of your high school transcript, SAT and/or ACT scores, your résumé, and a copy of your FASFA letter to the GeoFORCE Website.
Scholarship applications will be due in March, and announcements with be made by April 15, 2016.
How to apply:
1) Complete the online application
- Once you start the application you can save it and return at up to 28 days later.
- Once you submit the application you cannot make any changes.
- The application includes a short answer section and an essay section. We recommend you work on these in a separate document and then copy and paste your information into the application. The questions/essay prompts are listed below.
*Short Answer Questions (limit 400 characters per question)
a) Why did you choose your anticipated college major?
b) Briefly describe our educational plans for college and beyond.
c) Where do you see yourself 10 years from now? What will you be doing?
*Essay Questions (minimum 2,000 characters/maximum 4,000 characters per question)
a) Describe the impact of GeoFORCE on your life, and how you think it has influenced your plans for college and beyond.
b) Describe an example of your leadership, including your actions, the impact of your actions on those around you, and what you accomplished.
2) Upload copies of the following documents to the GeoFORCE Website:
- Copy of your SAT/ACT scores: You can login to the website and take a screen shot. We do need to see your name, the score and test date.
- Copy of your high school transcript: This does not need to be an official copy.
- Copy of your current resume: We know you are in high school and do not expect you to have a lot to put down.
- Copy of your FASFA letter (it must include your “Expected Family Contribution”): You can send a copy of the confirmation email you received or a screenshot of the student aid report online.
How to submit your attachments?
1) Make sure that these files have been saved as an image (.jpg, .tiff, .png), PDF, or .doc document.
2) Name your files. All file names should include your last name, first name and type of document. Examples of how to name your files are below.
3) Upload files to the GeoFORCE Website