Announcing The GeoFORCE Graduate Scholars Partnership 2014
The GeoFORCE Graduate Scholars Partnership is a scholarship program for GeoFORCE graduates who are seeking STEM degrees in Texas public schools. This is a 4-year scholarship, designed to cover expenses not already covered by federal grants or other scholarships. The scholarship is need based; Award amounts may be as high as all tuition, room and board, and expenses. Students must fill out the FAFSA annually.
- Eligible Colleges: UT Austin, UT San Antonio, Texas A&M, U Houston, U Houston Victoria, Texas Tech, Houston Community College, Southwest Texas Junior College
- Eligible Majors: Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Engineering, Geology, Math, Physics, Environmental Sciences
In addition, applicant must:
- Be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Have a 3.0 High School GPA
- Minimum 1000 SAT score (math+critical reading)
- Show leadership potential
- Complete the application
- Live on campus their Freshman year
- Agree to meet the scholarship reporting and participation requirements
The scholarship application is now open. Application is due by 4pm on March 4th.
To apply you must complete the online application and submit copies of your high school transcript, SAT and/or ACT scores, your résumé, and a copy of your FASFA letter to the GeoFORCE Website.
How to apply:
1) Complete the online application
- Once you start the application you can save it and return at a later date
- Once you submit the application you cannot make any changes
- The application includes a short answer section and an essay section. We recommend you work on these in a separate document and then copy and paste your information into the application. The questions/essay prompts are listed below.
*Short Answer Questions (limit 400 characters per question)
1) Why did you choose your anticipated college major?
2) Briefly describe our educational plans for college and beyond.
3) Where do you see yourself 10 years from now? What will you be doing?
*Essay Questions (minimum 2,000 characters per question/ maximum 4,000 characters per question)
1) Describe the impact of GeoFORCE on your life, and how you think it has influenced your plans for college and beyond.
2) Describe an example of your leadership, including your actions, the impact of your actions on those around you, and what you accomplished.
2) Upload copies of the following documents to the GeoFORCE Website:
- Copy of your SAT/ACT scores
- Copy of your high school transcript
- Copy of your current resume
- Copy of your FASFA letter (it must include your “Expected Family Contribution”)
How to submit your attachments?
1) Make sure that these files have been saved as an image (.jpg, .tiff, .png), PDF, or document.
2) Name your files. All file names should include your last name, first name and type of document. Examples of how to name your files are below.
3) Upload files to the GeoFORCE Website
Click here for the announcement Graduate Scholars Announcement
If you have any questions please contact Ann Merriman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 512-471-0506.
Scholarship announcements with be made by April 15.