Where do I begin?
· Research the industry and the companies that hire people with your skills and education.
· Find salary ranges and benefits to expect for the job you seek.
· Consider your short- and long-term career goals.
· Create a resume using the guidelines and tips from the JSG Career Center.
· Write a basic cover letter that you can use as a customizable template for all job applications.
· Use various resources for job fairs, on-campus visits, online job boards.
· Seek out three people for a professional reference and list their contact information.
Access the most comprehensive coverage of local business news and information from 40 major metropolitan cities across the country with American City Business Journals and the associated Book of Lists.
Dates of coverage vary, but the are pdated regularly. Either view online or download the PDF of the full text. Each publication includes access to its current Book of Lists, a 52 week archive of digital editions – including special publications, and the ability to search 10+ years of articles in the National Archive.
To view a journal’s Book of Lists, find the link just below the journal title after you have selected it from the BizJournals home page.
- When an employer wants students to apply directly for a position, a flyer of the job posting will be posted in the Resource Library of our proprietary system, GeoSource.
- When an employer is coming on campus to interview students in the Holland Family Student Center interview rooms, the job will be posted on GeoSource with a specific job ID number. Students apply for these jobs on the system by submitting their uploaded resume to the job.
- Open poster sessions on geology and geophysics, followed by poster awards
- Multiple field-trip and short-course options
- Company sponsored Ice Breaker
- Full day of poster presentations and interviews
- Environmental Jobs and Careers
- Environmental Career.com
- Texas Commission on Environmental Quality
- USA Jobs
- AGI Classified Ads
- GSA Classified Ads
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Academic Keys