Where do I begin?
· Research the industry and the companies that hire people with your skills and education.
· Find salary ranges and benefits to expect for the job you seek.
· Consider your short- and long-term career goals.
· Create a resume using the guidelines and tips from the JSG Career Center.
· Write a basic cover letter that you can use as a customizable template for all job applications.
· Use various resources for job fairs, on-campus visits, online job boards.
· Seek out three people for a professional reference and list their contact information.
- When an employer wants students to apply directly for a position, a flyer of the job posting will be posted in the Resource Library of our proprietary system, GeoSource.
- When an employer is coming on campus to interview students in the Holland Family Student Center interview rooms, the job will be posted on GeoSource with a specific job ID number. Students apply for these jobs on the system by submitting their uploaded resume to the job.
This university-wide job boards is for professional/career-oriented job and internship opportunities with employers seeking to hire UT students and alumni. AccessUT is UT EID password-protected and available exclusively to UT Austin students and alumni.
- Open poster sessions on geology and geophysics, followed by poster awards
- Multiple field-trip and short-course options
- Company sponsored Ice Breaker
- Full day of poster presentations and interviews
- Environmental Jobs and Careers
- Environmental Career.com
- Texas Commission on Environmental Quality
- USA Jobs
- AGI Classified Ads
- GSA Classified Ads
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Academic Keys